Nicole, Carrie (from work) and I went to the beach and pool last weekend. We had so much fun. I absolutely love spending every moment I can with Nicole. She is such an angel.
What a beautiful daughter I have.
It's getting a tad too warm out so we decided to relocate to the pool.
Talk about being relaxed!!! This is too precious.
Nicole does great in the water just as she did when she was a baby. Prior to getting into the kiddie pool, she and I took a dip in the regular pool. When she has the inner-tube around her, she can basically swim on her own. She was using her arms and her legs to swim with the comfort of the inner-tube keeping her afloat. Maybe she was a little too comfortable. I wouldn't even let my hands get an inch away from her!
I've known for quite some time now but if I haven't mentioned it... Nicole is definitely left handed. She is doing really, really well with her writing. She can write her own name!
Nicole still loves playing on her laptop (like Mommy). She has already told me that she wants me to buy her a real one when she gets older. :~) She had her little helper in this picture... her new baby-doll.
I wish I had pictures on my camera from last Friday night. I took Nicole on her first go-cart ride. She absolutely loved it until someone accidentally bumped into us. That startled her so that took away 'some' of the excitement for her. It was really neat... We had a go-cart that had two seats (side by side) and they pulled the stearing wheel up really close to Nicole so she "stear" the go-cart. The smile on her face and the contagious laughter that was coming from her was such a wonderful mommy-daughter experience. I am sad that I couldn't capture that on the camera... It's etched in my memory but I want that picture to be hanging on the wall at home. She is a very happy girl.
Nicole is not only happy but she is also well behaved. Yes, she'll test me from time to time but as a whole... no problems. I don't even have to put her in time-out anymore. She knows when she is doing something wrong so I start the count to 3 but by the time I get to either 1 or 2, she either stops doing what she is not supposed to do or she does what she was asked to do. Either way, she listens and comprehends that there are consequences to her actions.... Meaning, if she's misbehaving she knows it will result in time-out. She definitely gets that concept which is why she's never put into time-out anymore!
She also loves to wear dresses. As soon as we walk in the door, her clothes come off and she's asking me to get one of her dresses for her. She LOVES dresses! Sounds like Mommy when she was little.
No comments:
Post a Comment